Golf gps watches are the latest thing to hit the markets. Although they have been out for a couple of years, they haven’t been that popular. Golfers have been resistant to the change from the standard hand held gps or laser device to take a chance on golf GPS watches. Well, I would like to let you know a little bit more about these devices so you can make an informed decision on whether or not you want to try one out for yourself.
Some Facts About Golf GPS Watches
First of all, let me say that you are not going to get the same amount of features that you would if were using standard golf gps range finders or golf laser range finders. There isn’t enough room in the watch to be able to load the features that would rival the other golf range finders.
Golf gps watches combine the sensitivity of gps and the comfort and flexibility of a standard wrist watch. Not only do these watches actually keep time, but they also double as a state of the art gps receiver that will give you enough information to be able to choose the right club for the distance to the green or flag.
Golf gps watches come with preloaded courses that covers the United States and Canada. There are courses added all the time. And, depending on the watch you choose, there are some that come with courses from all over the world. So if you tend to travel the world and play golf in other countries, then having a watch that not only tells time but also offers you a device that tracks your golf game is like having the best of both worlds.
Features Of Golf GPS Watches
- Combines a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with a lightweight, flexible sport watch
- Sunlight viewable screen features large numbering for at-a-glance visibility
- Provides yardages to the front, back and middle of the green
- Measures precise yardages for shots played from anywhere on the course
- Rugged, waterproof device also functions as everyday watch with time/alarm
Watch The Video Below On Golf GPS Watches
Pros & Cons About Golf GPS Watches
- Ease of use – These watches are very easy to use and you don’t have to spend hours in learn mode.
- Comfortable – Strap on the watch and after a while you won’t even know it’s on.
- Durability – These watches are based on the same watches that triathlon runners use, so they are very rugged and water resistant or water proof.
- Accuracy – These watches are very sensitive and accurate to within + or – a yard.
Unlike standard golf range devices, it’s difficult to loose your gps watch when it’s on your wrist as opposed to leaving a larger unit behind at the club house after lunch or after your round.
- If your looking for more features for tracking your game, your not going to find it here. These watches provide only the basic information needed.
- The battery life of these units only last for 1 round or maybe 1 1/2 rounds before needing to be recharged.
- Not all watches have the same amount of courses on them. Need to check which ones your looking for before you buy.
If your looking for a golf gps device that will give you basic information along with comfort and durability while your playing a round of golf, then golf gps watches are the way to go. It’s nice to be able to simply look at your watch to get distances to hazards, greens or other important marks rather than having to run back and forth to your cart to check on the golf range finder. It’s like having a caddie on your wrist.